ProCredit Bank offers to its clients a unique, flat fee service! Flat fee is intended to you, if you are registered as a private company (DD, DOO, PP), or sole proprietor (STR, SZR, SUR, SMR etc) and if you use the national and international payments services.
What is a flat fee?
Flat fee is a one-off monthly payment of commissions and fees charged for transactions at accounts, and for payments services. The amount of flat fee depends on achieved or agreed volume of transactions made through ProCredit Bank.
What does flat fee include?
Working with KM, EUR and USD accounts:
- Cash deposit
- Withdrawal of cash from KM and EUR accounts
- Gyro-clearing transactions
- Payments to another bank in the country
- Standing order
- RTGS transactions (only for amounts exceeding 10,000.00 KM)
- Payments within the bank
- Transactions within the Bank from KM to EUR or USD account and vice versa
- Payments abroad
- Inflows from abroad
- ProPay payments / inflows within ProCredit Group
Flat fee also includes:
- Account maintenance fee
- Sending account statements via e-mail or collecting account statements at the Bank premises
- Visa Business card
Flat fee may be agreed for services of national and international payments. In case that a company does not do payments abroad, only flat fee for payments in the country is arranged.
Why choose flat fee payment?
- Stimulating calculation of individual fees within flat fee
- Simple entry of fees in bookkeeping
- Possibility of performing several transactions at already set price
- Fee is charged from client’s account through standing order, once a month.